- This event has passed.
Engaging the School and Greater Community in the School Garden
March 9, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Hear from school and community leaders in the Denver Urban Gardens, Slow Food Denver and The Kitchen Community school garden networks in this panel discussion. A successful, sustainable garden is engaging and educational for students and community members alike. Learn best practices for engaging community and developing learning opportunities for students in school gardens from on-the-ground experts.
In this panel discussion, you will learn:
- How to engage the administration, teachers, and parent volunteers in the school garden.
- Common challenges that school gardens face and strategies to address these challenges.
- How to create an action plan that will lead to the success and sustainability of your school garden and garden programs.
- Inspiration and strategies for creating successful school garden programs.
- Resources for garden-based curriculum, tips on classroom management in the garden, how to start and maintain school garden programs, and more.
- Examples of materials and supplies that successful school gardens have utilized.