…..six more weeks! But the time to start is now.
Don’t crawl back in a hole (or under your blankets) until Spring is here, the time to start planning is now. Lots of opportunities for supplies and learning coming your way.
1. Register now for our Seed To Table Spring Resource Fair. There will be lots of FREE stuff related to spring planting
2. Hopefully by now you have a garden committee planning meeting scheduled. Topics for the meeting might include creating organizational and maintenance subcommittees, themed gardens, harvest “cooking” activities, volunteer work days, garden to cafeteria program, holding a fall youth farm stand.
3. Spark interest school-wide around the garden by putting a write-up (long or short) in the school newsletter or whatever all-school communication you have.
4. Improve your yield, minimize problems – have your soil tested. CSU offers soil testing.
5. Sign up now for our March workshop. Slow Food Denver’s Seed-To-Table Program is partnering with Denver Urban Gardens and The Kitchen Community to highlight ways to improve community engagement.
6. Now is the time to start your cool season crops such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts and kohlrabi indoors.
7. DUG is offering free seeds and seedlings for income eligible individuals and families, Apply here.