Why Does Slow Food Need Members?
1. Membership dues provide a stable, sustainable source of revenue for the
organization, allowing it to be powered by – and accountable to – everyday
2. Dues-paying members are a source of political capital. Our growing membership
demonstrates to decision makers the huge number of people who support Slow
3. Members are the lifeblood of the Slow Food Movement. You provide on-theground
action, whether through a commitment to living Slow Food values or your
participation in local projects and activities.
Why should people join Slow Food USA? What are the benefits?
1. To CONNECT with other people who care about the same kinds of things you care about.
● You receive discounts and special invitations to local, national and international
events, including Terra Madre and Salone del Gusto.
2. To LEARN more about good, clean and fair food and the slow food movement.
● You receive an exclusive print magazine that showcases what is happening in the
Slow Food movement locally, nationally and internationally.
● You have access to special members-only offers and previews.
3. To ENGAGE in helping to make a more good, clean and fair food system.
● You receive opportunities to get involved in national campaigns and local activities and
4. To SUPPORT an organization that shares your values and is working to make the kind of
change in the world you want to see.
● Your membership card proclaims your commitment to Slow Food values. You ARE
the Slow Food movement
What do your membership dues support?
1. National Slow Food programs, including the National School Garden Program, Slow
Meat, Ark of Taste, and other national campaigns.
2. Chapter tools, resources and customer service designed to answer your administrative,
leadership and programmatic questions and to help make your chapter more effective.
3. Slow Food USA’s annual contribution to Slow Food International, providing support for
global programs like Terra Madre, Presidia projects and Gardens in Africa.
4. Local chapter projects in your community