Position: Office Manager/Assistant
Application Deadline: June 15, 2013
Reports to: Executive Director, Slow Food Denver
Location: Denver, CO
Slow Food Denver is a chapter of Slow Food USA, a non-profit, membership organization committed to revitalizing food culture and creating meaningful change in the food system. Based on the belief that food is a common language and a universal right, Slow Food works to create a world in which all people can eat food that is good for them, good for the people who grow it and good for the planet. Slow Food Denver is one of over 200 chapters in the United States. Our chapter cultivates the enjoyment of local food with all members of the community to create a more just and sustainable food system.
We are seeking a part-time office manager and assistant to help with office administration and support for the chapter.
- Manage and care for the Slow Food Denver physical office space, including:
- Manage and order office supplies
- Maintain cleanliness and order, including implementing conservation measures to reduce waste
- Office Communications and Marketing support
- Capture and distribute phone and email messages
- Social media posting
- Website content updates
- Maintain the community events calendar
- Maintain the office calendar
- Create event announcements, newsletters and other e- mailings
- Maintain marketing materials (brochures, stickers, tshirts, etc)
- Create and maintain office procedures to maximize efficiency and information sharing in a remote working environment
- Define and implement an e-filing system and electronic file storage/backup procedures
- Organize policies and procedures
- Manage membership database and mailing list
- Update current membership/email distribution database
- Research and implement a new email marketing solution
- Other office and program administrative support as needed
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and characteristics:
- Bachelorʼs degree or equivalent experience
- Commitment to and enthusiasm about the Slow Food mission
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and WordPress
- Working knowledge of social media.
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and follow- through with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Polished, professional demeanor with the ability to represent the organization diplomatically and tactfully
- Confident self-starter
- Flexibility and good humor
This role is a part-time (12-15 hours/week), sub-contracted position with compensation of $12-$15/hour depending upon experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to info – at – slowfooddenver.org
(subject line: Office Manager and Assistant) no later than June 15.