September 16 from 11:30 to 1:00, people will gather all over the Metro area to celebrate slowing down, eating real food and building community. Gather your friends, have a picnic, and let us know about it.
Whether your picnic is for two people or 200, we encourage you to be clever, artful, and provocative in your choice of site and set-up. Inclusion of music and visual arts is acceptable… in other words, if your heart so desires, don’t be afraid to GO ALL OUT.
If you would rather join someone else’s picnic, visit the Facebook event page to find one near you.
**If you are willing to host a picnic, please RSVP on the FB page “Event” tab and post where your picnic will be.**
Here’s what we suggest:
1) Everyone sits down and eats a meal together — it’s all about community.
2) Create menus using freshly prepared real food… think local if possible!.
3) Make and display a “POP UP PICNIC” sign at your site.
4) Use your phone to make a short video of your event and have your guests answer four questions:
- Where are you?
- Who are you?
- What are you eating?
- Why do you love your Pop Up Picnic?
You can also include singing, dancing, poetry or any other creative idea you can imagine.
5) Email your video to email@example.com or upload it to the Facebook page.
6) Have fun!
Visit the Pop Up Picnic Facebook page for more info and inspiration!
Pop Up Picnic is a joint effort of Slow Food Denver, Grow Local and Healthy Realities.